Sunday, February 12, 2006

I have returned

I've returned, though I'm not sure I have much to say. Okay, I'll do it. I'll say it. Crash kinda sucks. But at the same time, there's something kind of charming about it. Not in a moviegoing sort of way, but in the way that Crash so desperately wants to be important. It's like the role of a retarded person but over an entire movie. How could a movie that tackles the oh-so serious issue or racism not be nominated for an academy award?

I don't know why I'm so invested in seeing Crash fail. After all, they gave best picture to Gladiator a few years back, so I guess it's not that big a deal. The moral of the story is we're all racist, but we all have families, too.

But really, explain this situation to me. Jennifer Esposito's character gets in a car crash (at the scene of a crime. Coincidence, oh, I forgot there's only the twelve people in LA), and as law enforcement officer, the first thing she does is bitch out the Asian lady. Wow, that is some shitty police work.

Anyhoo, I just wanted to rant about something to get back in gear. Gotta get back to watching the olympics.

1 Comments:

Blogger Noisette said...

Dude. Crash is the WORST. MOVIE. EVER. EVER. EVER. I hate it so much.
Did you read my blog entry on it?

Glad you're back.

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home